tumblr site counter

A Marta Tale

Discussion in 'Buses/Shuttles' started by Serenity, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Serenity

Serenity MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $29
    I knew I would miss my bus this morning, it happens. I knew I would see it roll pass but wouldn't be close enough to run for it, that was the plan. So I walked as slow as I could, slow as a New Jersey native can LOL
    Half way to the stop, there she was rollinggggg.... I really took my time now. Then, I noticed her sitting just across the street. OMG did she break down, I went to investigate.... she opened the door...Good Morning. I smiled so big. She waited for me.... and the passengers weren't complaining...if I knew, saw her there, I would have run..... Thank You Mz. 107 driver! YES its a very GOOD MORNING!

2. SM Conductor

SM Conductor Administrator Staff Member

Tokens:
    $466
    See, there are still some nice people out there in the world! And it shows that sometimes people notice you even when you don't realize it. Love to hear the positive stories about MARTA!

3. novasparker

novasparker MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $121
    That was an incredible story. It shows that even when we don't think that there are people watching, people who care about us and understand what it's like to have a bad day, there are people out there willing to go the extra mile to try and turn that day around. Not only did the bus driver make the decision to wait on you, but the others didn't get angry....truly exceptional people.

4. Katrina Lay

Katrina Lay MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $18
    Who don't like a nice bus driver or Marta employee? I wish it was a easy way I could just say how wonderful a Marta employee is. I wish it was some kind of quick text or something that I could let this person know how much I appreciate them. Not only did they do their job but they went beyond to please a customer. Maybe one day Marta will make this system for customers to use so they can really see who Marta top employee are.

5. novasparker

novasparker MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $121
    Whenever you get a chance, I think that it's important to let the organization know when one of their employees is providing exceptional service. MARTA employees are no different. There is a MARTA website that has a contact us function. Simply use this, drop MARTA a note, and let them know when/where you were and what route you were on. Inlcude the name of the driver if you can and let them know that this person provided exceptional service and you were impressed. Odds are, this note will make it to the employee and he or she will get recognized for their commitment to you.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Katrina Lay

Katrina Lay MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $18
    Thanks for sharing novasparker! I was not thinking about I could just go to the Marta website and send a message, thanks for waking me up novasparker. I wish it could be more ways to talk about Marta employee, like a old-school drop box type system. I would like to know if a system that exist for the Marta employee truly get credit for doing he/she work.
    Just a though, I see that train station have TV screens mounted up on the ceilings . I think it would be cool to have their most exceptional employee on their TV screens or have a wall of Marta fame just for their employees. I know how it feel when you do your best at a job and don't get recognize for doing a good job. I do know when I was recognize I feel a certain way. I just wish Marta do a better job to present their employee that are exceptional.

7. Yvette4887

Yvette4887 MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $41
    There are some good bus drivers out there. I remember a particular bus driver at West End that would wait on me and my mom before he took off. He know we came at a certain time so my mom could take me to my elementary school. He would also make sure we cross the street in front of the bus for safety reasons and he would look out for my mom because he knew she needed to get back on the bus after dropping me off. He was really nice. I wish I knew his name, but that was so long ago.
    My mom told me about a bus driver at Lakewood who would actually drive off his route to drop her off at job door on Fort McPherson. The bus only ran on Fort McPherson and around the time she was on the bus it was usually nobody else on the bus, and he worried about her walking down the hill near the woods. She said he would do this for other people as well and if all of them were on the bus together nobody cold complain about him dropping each other off at job door.
    Its good to know that there are still nice bus drivers out there. And hopefully not a lot of those bus drivers that take off when they see you trying to catch the bus. Rude!!!!!

8. Katrina Lay

Katrina Lay MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $18
    What a interesting story Yvette4887. I really appreciate when a bus driver take out the time to say hello or lower the bus down for you and you don't need it lower. The bus driver that go out of their way all ways make a statement. When there are other bus drivers that you have to question. Why in the world did Marta hiring them? Most customer understand the rules of Marta but I don't understand Rule. I have had more share of horror stories than good which is sad. I have been on the bus and you here the tap on the side of the bus and the whole bus would say someone trying to get on. The bus driver keep going. I have been on one bus at night and it was hard to see the bus stop. I guess a lot of people could not see the bus stop. The bus driver yell and said y'all need to stop ringing the bell and ring it at the right stop. The list goes on. It nice to here the story even when you don't have a name to the bus drivers.