tumblr site counter

Atlanta in Movies

Discussion in 'Rants & Ramblings' started by difrancprod, Aug 30, 2012.

1. difrancprod

difrancprod MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $108
    Are there any movies where ATL has been featured? I'm curious because it's always the big cities like New York and LA are always the focus of stories produced by Hollywood.

2. SM Conductor

SM Conductor Administrator Staff Member

Tokens:
    $466
    There are many:

ATL - featuring T.I. and Big Boi from OutKast
    Trouble with the Curve - featuring Clint Eastwood (Turner Field is in this movie)
    Just about most of Tyler Perry's movies

Atlanta is becoming a movie town, and at any given moment you will see some stars out and about.

3. novasparker

novasparker MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $121
    What about Ray? Wasn't it based in Atlanta? I know that a lot of it was in Georgia, but can't remember if this was in Atlanta or not.

4. SpringBreeze

SpringBreeze MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $22
    Quite a few movies are being filmed in Atlanta now. Cheaper costs, tax incentives, beautiful landscaping... hard to beat that. Tyler Perry has a studio in Atlanta. So, many of his movies are filmed there too. But Atlanta is still a long way off from New York and LA

Here are a few movies that were filmed in the ATL:

Due Date
    ATL
    Beauty Shop
    Contagion
    Meet the Brown's
    Diary of a Mad Black Woman
    Madea's Family Reunion
    Madea Goes to Jail
    I can Do Bad All By Myself

5. NickJ

NickJ MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $62
    Atlanta was featured in earlier seasons of AMC'***** TV show "The Walking Dead".

6. tspires2

tspires2 MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $4
    Atlanta even has a reality show now I think it is called The Real Housewives of Atlanta. I have watched it a time or two. Pretty good show if you like that kind of show!

7. SM Conductor

SM Conductor Administrator Staff Member

Tokens:
    $466
    They were also filming part of Fast & the Furious 7 in Atlanta, before Paul Walker died. :(

I assume they will resume at some point, but trying to figure out where to take the story now is gonna be tough.

8. Yvette4887

Yvette4887 MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $41
    Atlanta is the new Hollywood. Even though there have been other movies in the past to be filmed in Atlanta, Tyler Perry really but Atlanta on the map for movies. Majority of Tyler Perry movies are based in Atlanta. Other movies I can think of are the movie ATL, Ride Along, some of Fast and the Furious was filmed here, The Blind Side was filmed in Atlanta even though they said it was in Tennessee. When you have lived in Atlanta all your life you notice many attractions and streets in movies. I heard that Jennifer Lopez is doing a new movie here in Atlanta.