tumblr site counter

Buckhead Pedestrian Bridge Groundbreaking

Discussion in 'In the News' started by SM Conductor, Mar 8, 2012.

1. SM Conductor

SM Conductor Administrator Staff Member

Tokens:
    $466
  2. whfwm

whfwm MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $59
    Is it called BuckHead or BankHead?
    I can never remember.
    And the project will be pretty dope.

3. SM Conductor

Tokens:
    $466
    LOL, Bankhead is an area and used to be a street until it was renamed Donald Lee Hollowell. It even had a dance back in the day called the Bankhead Bounce.

But the bridge is definitely in Buckhead. It's an area, but not an official city. Neither group really likes to be mistaken for the other. :)

4. homefrog

homefrog MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $10
    I saw that on the news. The bridge is very new in my opinion. I believe it's called Buckhead. The city is not quite sure if they should make it or not.

5. Marta200

Marta200 MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $10
    The big question is the costs versus the viability of the project and that is what the city is rightfully concerned about. My question is, “What type of traffic are we talking about that would justify this expenditure? And what type of revenue will this investment generate and in what time frame?

6. SM Conductor

Tokens:
    $466
    I doubt it will increase revenue, it's just something that makes it easier for residents and visitors to the area.

7. SpringBreeze

SpringBreeze MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $22
    I think it's a great idea. Anything that can help pedestrians get to where they need to be is a good idea. I think it's also make it safer. Walking in major cities can be dangerous. During the day, there's so much traffic and everyone wants to reach their destination fast. And sometimes, the pedestrian gets forgotten in the rush. So, anyway, I think it's great for functionality, safety, and time. Way to go Buckhead!