tumblr site counter

Bus monitors on MARTA?

Discussion in 'Buses/Shuttles' started by SM Conductor, Mar 6, 2014.

1. SM Conductor

SM Conductor Administrator Staff Member

Tokens:
    $466
    Did you have bus monitors on your school bus when you were growing up? The concept may be coming to a MARTA bus near you:
    How would you feel about bus marshals on buses? A feeling of security, or too big brotherish?

Source: WSB

2. Yvette4887

Yvette4887 MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $41
    I actually thing that is a good idea. A lot goes on a Marta bus, especially what I have experience. Crazy people trying to sell bad meat that's green and smelly, or trying to sell one shoe, people messing with you when you do not want to be bother, fights, and a bunch of other things. You have to think about the idea that you are riding with people you know nothing about. Marta does not provide background checks for each rider, so you could be on there with a serial killer, rapes, bank robber, woman beater, or worst. I have seen worst on the Marta bus and all through Marta transit system. Law enforcement was not around or no where to be found. Since Marshals are on planes, they definitely need to be on the bus and the train; one per cart or at least one marshal monitor two carts on the train. Marta needs to provide panic buttons in arms reach of each passenger and bus driver, so when they read the tracking device on the bus (which they do not have)they can see which stop law enforcement should go to, to resolve the problem. I have seen videos on YouTube where some idiot got on the bus and rob everybody. They either got away or got beat up by everybody on the bus. People have been stabbed, beaten, and anything else that threatens a life has happen on a bus. So they do need to do better on security on Marta buses.