tumblr site counter

CCT Driver Suspended for Breaking Up Fight

Discussion in 'Cobb Community Transit (CCT)' started by SM Conductor, Apr 5, 2012.

1. SM Conductor

SM Conductor Administrator Staff Member

Tokens:
    $466
    Looks like no good deed goes unpunished.

A CCT bus driver was suspended -- although with pay -- for breaking up a fight on his bus.

What do you think? Too harsh a punishment? Can ano=y worker make an independent judgement these days that tries to preserve the peace? Sometimes quick decisions have to be made while waiting on the police. They can't be everywhere at all times.

Source: AJC

2. Maria

Maria MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $48
    That is why they have a protocol. It is dangerous to engage a fight. I don't think he should have been suspended with pay. Missing a little money will make him think twice.

3. homefrog

homefrog MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $10
    I don't think he should have been suspended for breaking up a fight. But that's against their protocol.

4. Marta200

Marta200 MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $10
    Unfortunately, we live n a society that is not fair.

Which means, some protocols do not cover all situations and circumstances.

That is why the police are constantly changing their protocols as the times change.

Should the driver have been suspended?

I don’t believe so?

5. difrancprod

difrancprod MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $108
    I just that it's right if the employee went against the company policy or protocol. Although breaking up a fight is really not bad but I think the company is just protecting their name that they didn't want to be involve in any sort of fight even if it's stopping it. It's really the company's discretion on this case I think.

6. novasparker

novasparker MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $121
    I think that the bus driver was in the right for breaking up the fight. It's people like this that go above and beyond to keep the rest of us safe. I understand the need for policy nd protocol but I think that extreme circustances call for extreme measures. I applaud this guy for taking the steps he thought were necessary to break up this fight. Kudos. And I hope you are reinstated soon

7. Brandy Alford

Brandy Alford MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $10
    WOW! As if being stabbed isn't hard enough, they suspended him. Sometimes you can't follow protocol, who is to say there was not children in harms way or the fight was going on over his head. We can't judge the situation. But he does not deserve to be suspended.

8. novasparker

novasparker MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $121
    This is simply a case of somebody choosing to do the right thing over doing what the company has subscribed to him as the right thing to do. Of course, you can look at it the other way...he's getting a free vacation while all of this dies down. He's been suspended with pay, so as long as he doesn't get a write up on his permanent record, he's good.

9. Yvette4887

Yvette4887 MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $41
    It was very stupid to give him suspension over this ordeal. He was just doing a good deed. It could of got worst if he did not step in to stop the argument. More people would of got hurt. I am glade it was not a serious injury for him and nobody else got hurt. I have heard of other incidents which somebody did a good deed and got in trouble for doing it because they did not follow protocol.

10. NickJ

NickJ MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $62
    It's always a slippery slope breaking up a fight in today's society. Laying hands on someone in a rough manner can result in a lawsuit against you or your employer if they're hurt in any way during the altercation.