tumblr site counter

CCT One way fare can be $1.80...

Discussion in 'Cobb Community Transit (CCT)' started by prodigious1one, Aug 24, 2013.

1. prodigious1one

prodigious1one MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $8
    Hello,

if you buy the 10 ride fare/card for $18 from the CCT, you save $7 versus paying $2.50 for 10 individual rides, which would cost $25.

It is also best to use the Breeze card to load the 10 ride fare and also receive CCT transfers and Marta transfer when riding routes 10 or 30 to Atlanta.

-- Aaron

2. SM Conductor

SM Conductor Administrator Staff Member

Tokens:
    $466
    That's an awesome tip! Thanks. :)

3. prodigious1one

Tokens:
    $8
    Hi, SM Conductor,

you're welcome! I wish that the CCT were better about advising their riders on how to save money and make the most out of the Breeze Card system. I think that they need a lot of help in their marketing division. The CCT can be quite basic.

I hope that I can help them by working with them or advising them on how to make their bus system better. I've been taking CCT buses continuously since 2005, so I know what problems they have and how they can make things better.

-- Aaron

4. SM Conductor

SM Conductor Administrator Staff Member

Tokens:
    $466
    Optimally I would love to see a way to completely integrate all of the systems, so riders wouldn't have to plan so much when transferring between systems. Either one flat rate no matter the origin, or distance-based fares.

As far as better advertising, that would probably come with bigger budgets, as they're still constrained right now. I wish you could help them too!

5. prodigious1one

Tokens:
    $8
    Hey,

I think that a distance-based fare system would be very practical for the regional transportation network. Atlanta should copy Washington, D.C.'s distance-based fare system.

In fact, I had an idea about re-instating commuter rail for Cobb County to Atlanta. I think that the Cobb DOT is already working on such a plan.

I wrote an email to Tim Lee, the county's transportation commissioner. I wrote that commuter trains could charge $2.50 from Atlanta to Smyrna, then 50 cent increases for each additional city you traverse. Thus, Atlanta to... Marietta - $3, Kennesaw - $3.50, Acworth - $4.

This is a relative idea. The increments could be by 25 cents or two consecutive cities could have the same fare. There could also be weekly fares, an all-day unlimited fare, and a monthly fare. Fares for university students and K-12 students could be implemented to. I think it's normally better to offer a round trip deal that would appeal to people and make the one-way fares a little more expensive to incline people to pay for more rides over the long term. Similar to the buy 10 CCT rides and save $7. It's a strategy that tends to work.

So for example, maybe round trip from Atlanta to Smyrna should be offered at $5 and the one way fare should be $3, thus $6 for two one way fares.