tumblr site counter

Cherokee County ?

Discussion in 'Cobb Community Transit (CCT)' started by Missy Bea, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Missy Bea

Missy Bea MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $8
    Hi!

I am new to this forum but I have lived in Georgia for several years. I must say that CCT and Marta have definitely came in handy when I have had car trouble in the past. I have lived in Marietta since I was a child and I love the ease that is involved with riding CCT. Does CCT currently go to Cherokee County? There have been times when I needed to get from Marietta to Woodstock. It would be awesome if I could easily get from Cobb Galleria to my favorie restaurant (Kani House) in Woodstock! :)

Any thoughts are appreciated!
    Thank You!
    Missy Bea

2. SM Conductor

SM Conductor Administrator Staff Member

Tokens:
    $466
    Unfortunately the CCT doesn't really travel into Cherokee County. According to this map, it does go through there a little it, but not enough to say that it is useful in Cherokee:

CCT Map

The region is still a work in progress... :(

3. Missy Bea

Missy Bea MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $8
    Awww! Bummer!

It would be so wonderful if I could count on CCT to travel to Cherokee County from Marietta. Maybe that will come in the following years! However, I am grateful for CCT, because I definitely remember years ago when there was no transit system in Cobb County at all. :)

Thanks
    Missy Bea

4. novasparker

novasparker MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $121
    You can rest assurred that it will eventually service Cherokee County. The plans are to expand MARTA pretty much all over Georgia. It just takes some time because I don't know if the system is really being used as much as the city planners had hoped. I live in Alabama, not Georgia, but I have spent a lot of time in Georgia. I hate driving in Atlanta because of the traffic and rode MARTA whenever I could, despite the fact that I could collect mileage reimbursement from the company I worked for.