tumblr site counter

Debit Card Functionality Broken at MARTA Stations

Discussion in 'MARTA Trains/Stations' started by SM Conductor, May 11, 2012.

1. SM Conductor

SM Conductor Administrator Staff Member

Tokens:
    $466
    If you plan on purchasing or renewing a Breeze pass at one of these 7 MARTA stations with a debit card, think again!

The seven stations are North Springs, Dunwoody, Sandy Springs, Medical Center, Brookhaven, Lindbergh and Georgia State.

Most are on the Red Line, while Lindbergh shares the Red & Gold Lines, Brookhaven is on the Gold Line and Georgia State is on the Blue/Green Lines.

It's so random that these stations are affected, and of course MARTA doesn't know why this has happened (they say it's related to an upgrade, but sounds like they should have stuck with the regular version). Maybe MARTA should place ATM's at these locations and waive the fees as a goodwill gesture.

Just a thought.

2. whfwm

whfwm MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $59
    How long will it be broken?
    Don't y'all have technichians?

3. SEA81

SEA81 MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $17
    They don't know? That is exactly why people hate MARTA. This is a prime example.

4. Maria

Maria MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $48
    Marta really needs to get on the job with this! I am always using my debit card. I don't carry cash. It is easier to use and you don't have to worry about the beggars seeing you with cash!

5. adamarclight

adamarclight MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $10
    It's just an opinion...
    how about you make some special pass card that can recharged?
    I know that debit card is much convinient, but sometime it is needed in times like this...
    as you can see, not all people has debit card and some even didn't bring cash like Maria...
    That way, they can just bring the card... it's easy and convinient...
    Hope this helps!:)