tumblr site counter

Engineer

Discussion in 'Vehicles & Highways' started by thegreendiva, Aug 3, 2012.

1. thegreendiva

thegreendiva MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $14
    Who was the engineer that devised the streets for the city? I think some of our city planners need to take urban planning classes again and fix our transportation issues.

2. SM Conductor

SM Conductor Administrator Staff Member

Tokens:
    $466
    LOL don't know if there was just one person, but the problem is that they actually did plan the city pretty well, but the cities, counties and municipalities that got the chance to vote on certain things did so from a selfish mindset, not a regional growth mindset. So that's why there is virtually no cooperation between the counties today.

3. prostreet

prostreet MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $0
    I know it is not perfect but it is not that bad either. I have seen worst both in and out of the US. Atlanta stands way higher than the average in my opinion.

4. novasparker

novasparker MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $121
    I can only imagine that planning the roadways in any particular area would be a hard job. There are areas in and around Atlanta that make me wonder if the person designing them was on drugs, but then I start to look at when the roadways were designed and the amount of traffic they are handling now and realize that most of the roadways were never designed to handle the amount of traffic they do now. Atlanta is a fast growing city that has quickly outgrown its infrastructure and is in need of an upgrade. Maybe that's the issue...too many cars

5. lanray

lanray MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $2
    That's really funny. in planning the roads network, there will be need for accurate foresight and projections. If their projections are not right, there will be problems of some sort in the near future.

6. tspires2

tspires2 MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $4
    I have really never understood exactly what the problem was as far as traffic in Atlanta. I guess I just always assumed too many people and not enough roads but it seems crazy that no matter the time of day or day of week there is always traffic! I do hope they can fix it in the future!

7. novasparker

novasparker MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $121
    That's exactly what the problem is...too many people, too many cars, not enough roadways to handle it. Atlanta has grown at such an exponential rate that the infrastructure just hasn't been able to keep up. they are working to try and alleviate the issue, but I don't know if they will ever be able to catch up.