tumblr site counter

Escalators...

Discussion in 'MARTA Trains/Stations' started by Maria, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Maria

Maria MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $48
    I have severe knee problems so taking the stairs is out. Why are some of the escalators always out of service when you need them? I get so frustrated about that. The elevators are okay, but the escalators move faster.

2. adamarclight

adamarclight MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $10
    i personally think elevators better, cause many people with disablilities like... can't walk and using chairwheels needs elevators...
    so at first, i think elevators are better than escalators...
    if you want to improve it later and add an escalator is fine too, moreover it's great!
    But i think you should make elevator first and focus on it!:)

3. footballtim

footballtim MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $26
    Elevators and escalators are both important. Maybe there is a phone number you can call for Marta maintenance. You may find it on the internet. It seems to me that the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

4. SM Conductor

SM Conductor Administrator Staff Member

Tokens:
    $466
    I actually wish they would clean and/or refurbish some of the elevators, because at certain stations they have a very offensive odor. And they move very slow, so there is a good chance that you could end up smelling like whatever that scent is once you exit the elevator.

The escalator thing has been a problem for a while, and I don't know when that will be solved. What would really suck is for the escalator @ Peachtree Center station to be out of service, along with the elevator at the same time. Hope you wore your walking shoes that day if it ever happens!

5. Yvette4887

Yvette4887 MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $41
    I prefer the escalators cause majority of the elevators smell like pee. I have know clue why so many escalators would be broke down, but I think it has something to do with them running 24/7 and the motors run out. Or at times like around lunch or after work there are more people at the stations using the escalators and these might cause it to break as well. Those escalators can get pack with people on a certain time of day or with big events. I have not been to a train station in along time, but I use to hate taking the escalator are Garrnet Station. It was so long and went so high that I felt like I was going to fall backwards. I was very young when I got on them, so I am not sure if they are still there or not.