tumblr site counter

Ever confronted anyone on MARTA?

Discussion in 'Rants & Ramblings' started by SM Conductor, Apr 1, 2012.

1. SM Conductor

SM Conductor Administrator Staff Member

Tokens:
    $466
    Was their music too loud? Were they talking loud at 7:15 in the morning? Did they smell really bad? How did you handle it? Or did you just sulk and suffer?

Editor's note: iPods with earphones are a good thing. :)

2. whfwm

whfwm MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $59
    Once I did a long time ago when I was visiting my anty and we were
    on the bus. It was crazy this lady was about to sit on me. My anty had
    to say something to that chick. It sat her straight.

3. footballtim

footballtim MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $26
    I try to avoid confrontation whenever possible. I have a bad temper, and I do not want to be tempted to use it. I find that most people who do stupid stuff that causes people to feel the need to confront them usually are people who are on drugs, are imbalanced or are just simply jerks. If a smoker thinks so little about their health that they smoke, imagine how little they think about anyone else's lungs.

4. NickJ

NickJ MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $62
    The train, bus, or any other sharply enclosed basically, tin can area. Is NOT...a good place to get into a heated confrontation physical or otherwise with another person. You just don't have the advantage in that particular area. Heated confrontations are best left for outdoors.

5. difrancprod

difrancprod MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $108
    Haven't really confronted anyone there and I just really let them do their business (as long as they don't really affect me much). Sure it sucks if they smell bad but I try not to offend anyone and I'm a little scared they might follow me at home lol.

6. NickJ

NickJ MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $62
    What about smokers? I don't confront smokers but they are the types I am most tempted to confront of all annoying people. They get on the bus or train and just puff away. Without the courtesy of even opening a window, or putting their cig out before stepping onto the train or bus. Jerks!!:mad:

7. marchese

marchese MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $46
    I had a guy tell me he has big balls, and he leaned into me. I spit on him.

8. NickJ

NickJ MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $62
    Should pepper-sprayed him instead. Would've been funnier. ****, you might've made the news for such an act. The heroic woman who peppered the perv.:D

9. marchese

marchese MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $46
    lol i should have.

10. SM Conductor

SM Conductor Administrator Staff Member

Tokens:
    $466
    I once had to step over a guy because he wouldn't move when my stop came. I was in the seat by the window, and I don't know if he was homeless or what but I know I said "excuse me" a couple of times, and he just sat there like I was invisible. Sometimes I hate situations like that because I don't want to cause a scene, but sometimes you have to be ready at a moment's notice because you never know what will happen on public transit.

I'm just glad there was enough room for me to step over him, it was kinda awkward.

11. SpringBreeze

SpringBreeze MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $22
    Hahaha!!! Many times, I did want to. But you just never know... So, I find it best to just sulk and suck it up, whether it's in Atlanta or anywhere else. I have moved to another spot before. But that's when it's bad enough to do so. Otherwise, I just end up feeling guilty for doing it because then I start worrying that I hurt the other persons' feelings. Hahaha, I'm complicated like that.

12. NickJ

NickJ MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $62
    I wouldn't worry about the feelings thing. Some people purposely try to be obnoxious on public transportation so they deserve to get tongue-lashed sometimes.