tumblr site counter

Favorite Snack

Discussion in 'Rants & Ramblings' started by difrancprod, Sep 3, 2012.

1. difrancprod

difrancprod MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $108
    What is your favorite snack when you're traveling on a bus or train? I always bring my potato chips to save me from boredom. :)

2. NickJ

NickJ MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $62
    Good thread. My favorites snakcs when on a lengthy bus or train ride are Sun Maid raisins, planters cashew peanuts, cheeto's, cheese balls, peanut butter crackers, twinkies, graham crackers, or nutter butters.

3. marchese

marchese MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $46
    beer nuts or peanuts. small and nibbly all the way.

4. NickJ

NickJ MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $62
    What exactly do beer nuts taste like? And why do people like them so much? Are they really like bathed or marinated in beer? I also forgot to add to my first snack list, David's sunflower seeds. LOVE those.

5. marchese

marchese MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $46
    they don't really taste like beer persay, now it makes me wonder why we call them that, lol. Sweet and salty. Maybe it's because they are sweet and salty and go well with beer? Sweet caramelized saltyness......tasty.

6. SM Conductor

SM Conductor Administrator Staff Member

Tokens:
    $466
    Maybe it's me, but I try not to eat on the train really, I think because of the environment. Maybe I'm a germaphobe, but I keep thinking about the air, how people don't cover their mouths when they cough or sneeze, and some of that "air" getting on my food. It's bad enough we have to breathe that same air, I don't want to eat it too!

7. novasparker

novasparker MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $121
    Anything and everything I can get into my mouth! LOL. not really. But I will have to say that in a lot of situations, transit time is my only real down time during the day, so I usually wind up eating something because it's the only chance I have to eat sometimes...I don't eat full meals, but Snickers oftentimes makes the menu.

8. SpringBreeze

SpringBreeze MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $22
    Like SM Conductor, I try not to eat on public transit. Every time, I go on one I end up touching something -- the rails, seats... And then the thought of all the different hands and bodies that have touched the same spot, creeps me out. But if I'm really hungry, potato chips are the best.

9. NickJ

NickJ MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $62
    Well actually most peoples germs dissipate into the air the moment they're exposed to anything outside the mouth. If someone coughs or sneezes directly on you, then you have a problem. Truth is, you're more likely to get sick from a person's sneezing or coughing if you're exposed to their germs repeatedly and on a daily basis.