tumblr site counter

Gas prices

Discussion in 'Vehicles & Highways' started by SM Conductor, Mar 4, 2012.

?

How high do you think the price of gas will go?

Poll closed Mar 11, 2012.
  1. Stay around $4/gallon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. They may actually go back down

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Probably around $4.50/gallon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. $5/gallon or more

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. SM Conductor

SM Conductor Administrator Staff Member

Tokens:
    $466
    Just paid $3.87 for premium gas @ the Costco on Barrett Pkwy. 6 days ago it was $3.77. I really wish there was a law to stop these speculators from artificially driving up the price of gas! :(

What are the prices near you?

2. Maria

Maria MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $48
    Gas is outrageous. I'm so glad I don't drive right now! I couldn't afford it. It seems like the gas is going down penny by penny. Jeez!

3. homefrog

homefrog MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $10
    Gas is so expensive right now. In the past gas was very cheap like 90 cents per liter but now it's 3-2 dollars per liter. I think they should drop down the prices now and then. I my self drive a car and it's very expensive.

4. difrancprod

difrancprod MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $108
    Gas is like gold these days! I wonder how the trading of this really goes. It's such a pain to pay for it everyday and you don't really have a choice especially if you're living in California where every place you go is too far that you'll need to drive. This is sad.

5. SM Conductor

SM Conductor Administrator Staff Member

Tokens:
    $466
    Gas has started to go back up again, just when we were enjoying those low prices as they approached $3/gallon. This sucks.

6. footballtim

footballtim MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $26
    I live in Key West. The prices are more of the same. However, I have heard that some states do have anti-gouging laws. Unfortunately, that is all I have heard. I don't know any more than that.

7. footballtim

footballtim MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $26
    I still believe that the main problem is supply in demand. We are still using too much gas. I am not saying that there is a shortage. I believe that if we all made much more of an effort to use other means of transportation such as bicycles, buses, or walking, gas prices would drop. Of course not everyone has that choice.

8. footballtim

footballtim MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $26
    I cannot help but feel that the reason electric cars are not moving forward as fast as they should is the same reason they will never cure cancer. Someone with zillions will lose out. In the case of cars, it would be the big oil companies and owners. In the case of cancer, it would be the hospitals, doctors, pharmacies, etc.

9. novasparker

novasparker MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $121
    And this, my friends, is one of the main reasons that I choose to use Marta when I travel through the city. DO you have any idea how much of this extremely expensive fuel you waste sitting in traffic? I live in Knoxville TN and the gas prices are much the same. I get a mileage reimbursement from work when I go to Atlanta on business, but I get nothing for sitting in traffic, burning gas and going nowhere. I'll gladly pay the $2.50 transit fee and let Marta pay the crazy gas prices while I sit back, read and book and wait to get to where I am going.

10. novasparker

novasparker MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $121
    Oh, and by the way...I think that the gas price will hover around $4 per gallon until another year or so goes by, then it will inch up toward $4.50 and then $5...it will continue upward as it always has and though it may fluctuate down a bit from time to time, I don't think we'll ever see it back down to $0.99 a gallon like it was when I started driving....

11. tspires2

tspires2 MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $4
    I wish I was able to take advantage of the Marta system. I live in a rural area so if I want to get somewhere gas is a must for me. It does get to the point it is awful! I think I pay as much in my Auto expenses as my Home expenses. That is pushing it quite a bit, but what else do you do, it is kind of a necessity these days!

12. prostreet

prostreet MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $0
    It is in between 3,70 to 3.80 where I live. Not good at all and I'm not sure when and where will this stop. My best guess is around $4,00 if not more.

13. novasparker

novasparker MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $121
    Gas prices seem to have stabilized some since this poll was posted, but I still think that in time, we will see gas prices around $5 as the norm rather than as the exception or due to a natural disaster. Where I live now, it's hovering around $3.00 but I think that it's just a matter of time before $3.50 becomes the mainstay...and then $4. It will stay there for awhile before bumping up higher. It's just a side effect of using unsustainable fossil fuels...we just simply can't keep using gasoline at these levels and expect prices to remain at current levels.

14. lanray

lanray MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $2
    Except it is absolutely necessary, I don't think it is advisable to drive these days especially very busy cities. Gas prices are on the rise and I don't see that coming down soon. St best it might just stay at a particular price for a while

15. smartmom2

smartmom2 MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $1
    Gas prices in Metro Atlanta are way too high. It seems sometimes like they get higher and higher. The rich get richer and for some the way is made harder. We do not have Marta in my area. I can drive about 20 minutes and get to a Marta bus but by this time, I may as well drive my car. I don't think that people in my area want Marta here. There are just as many people here with car problems as anywhere else. People here depend on the use of taxi cabs when they do not have a car. That can be very expensive. I took a trip to the bank once and had to pay 20.00 just for that. When will it get any easier?

16. novasparker

novasparker MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $121
    I have a bit of a conspiracy theorist inside me, wondering whether or not the price of gasoline is not somewhat controlled by the government in an attempt to force more and more of us to adopt the usage of public transportation, becoming more reliant on them than we already are. I know, it sounds a bit far fetched, but don't some of you think that this could possibly be a minute possibility? Think about it.

17. Yvette4887

Yvette4887 MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $41
    The gas prices are really getting on my nervous! Gas has gone up to $3.29 where I live, so downtown prices are probably $3.45. I have a truck, not a big one, but it burns more than a car of course. I have not filled my car up in a while, but with the way prices are now for gas it would probably take me $65 to fill up. Which is not bad considering my other truck took $60 at half a tank. I miss when gas prices was 99 cent. I would have drove all over Georgia with prices like that.