How do you purchase your MARTA fare?

MattW

MARTA Newbie
I usually pay by the (roundtrip) ride, loading the roundtrip fare onto my breeze card each time (or ahead of time if I know I'm going to be using MARTA and can get to a station to load my card).

Keep telling myself that I'll purchase another vehicle soon. So sometimes I get a monthly card, sometimes I get a weekly card. Sometimes I allow the card to expire and have to go per trip. Either way, I'm utilizing MARTA versus being in seemingly all day rush hour traffic.

Maria

MARTA Newbie
I purchase the weekly cards with unlimited rides. I can't afford the monthly cards. Plus I don't ride that often.

I purchase my tickets per ride since I don't live in Atlanta full time. However, if I lived in Atlanta full time I would buy mine by the month...it just makes sense to take this cost and pay it up front...is there a discount for purchasing your fare a month in advance?

Z

Zaturo

Not everyone purchases their ticket. Back in Sacramento we had an RT Transit Station and people usually did not bother to pay at all. The ticket conductor was not always there to check. When he was the people would just hop off.

SM Conductor

Administrator
Staff member
Well lately MARTA forced people to pay with cash or credit card (no debit) because of a system malfunction. I think something like this is absolutely inexcusable. They blamed it on a system upgrade, but anytime you make it inconvenient for people to purchase fares, they will start to think about other means of transportation.

Akiyama

MARTA Newbie
I usually purchase weekly fare when I ride Marta.

The only times I only load up a round-trip or something like that is when I don't intend on riding again for a while. Otherwise it's pretty much weekly for me.

Akiyama

I always pay for a round trip. It always makes me nervous that we have to use the card through so many check points. I start to wonder if my card is effective when I take a trip from cobb county to fulton.

Since I have moved closer to Atlanta, I am thinking about buying a monthly pass. Does this mean that if I don't use the card much during the month that I am just out the money? I want to take advantage of the discount, but don't want to waste money by simply not using the card when I am not there.