tumblr site counter

How much time do you spend at the ATM?

Discussion in 'Rants & Ramblings' started by SM Conductor, Mar 31, 2012.

1. SM Conductor

SM Conductor Administrator Staff Member

Tokens:
    $466
    Do you ever feel like you can read a book (or at least a chapter or two) while you are waiting behind someone at the ATM? If the selections don't change, and you have used it before, why does it take so long for people to figure out what they want to do?

2. Toni6749

Toni6749 MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $36
    I try to be as quick as possible but I am one of those people that always seems to get behind someone who is typing their life story on the screen.

3. whfwm

whfwm MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $59
    I don't spend much time. I don't even deal with cash like that anymore. Only if I really need it as a payment option do I even go to the ATM. Its just not my thang.

4. SM Conductor

Tokens:
    $466
    Plus if you don't go to your own bank, the fees are hefty! I once made someone wait until I went to my bank so I could save about $4 on fees. I don't play that!

5. SEA81

SEA81 MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $17
    I always try to be quick too! I hate when someone gets up there and acts like they don't know how to work the machine. Or they will be talking on their cell phone while they do it, so you know they're not paying full attention. Most of the time, I'll drive on to the next one if it's not my bank I'm at... if it is my bank I'm at, I'll wait, because like you said, the fees are ridiculous. I'd rather go in the store and spend $4 on something I need and get cash back than just give up the money for nothing.

6. homefrog

homefrog MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $10
    I spent like 15 minutes to get my money from a ATM. I always wanted to be quick as possible to let other people use it. most of the time I get my wallet with me.

7. difrancprod

difrancprod MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $108
    I make it a point to have my ATM transaction as quick as possible. It's safer that way and I want to be considerate on the person next in line. Unless the ATM messes up then it's out of my control.

8. SM Conductor

Tokens:
    $466
    How quick has anyone been at the ATM (assuming you DO have money to withdraw, lol)? I think I completed a transaction in 30-40 seconds one time, from the time I put my card in until I got it back out and was ready to leave.

9. Jay1980

Jay1980 MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $4
    I always get nervous at ATM machines, Redboxes, or pretty much anywhere you leave your credit card/debit card information. I want to make sure the machine properly resets itself for the next user without leaving my info up on the screen. So I probably take a little longer :p

10. footballtim

footballtim MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $26
    I think part of the problem is that people are nervous when using the ATM especially in a city like Atlanta where the crime is so high. I also think they are nervous because they know if anything at all gets messed up, they will probably be dealing with weeks and weeks of trouble. The problem with the above mentioned situations is that if they go too slow, then they are at more risk for robbery, but if they go too fast, then they are at more risk of error.

11. NickJ

NickJ MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $62
    I make my ATM transactions quick . No one should lolligag while at the ATM. It's foolish and dangerous. Even in broad daylight because you could get robbed, and there are other people waiting as well. But my dream ATM scenario is going to take out some money and finding millions in my account. Like this one lady did a few months ago. She took the money, but got arrested later on lol. But see if that were me, I would've fled the country to a warm climate with no extradition.

12. novasparker

novasparker MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $121
    I am prepared when I get to the ATM...card in hand, I know what's in the account and I know how much I need to withdraw...I make it very quick. Of course, most people don't and it drives me insane.

13. tspires2

tspires2 MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $4
    I agree, I think I get behind the one that is setting up 5 new cards and then using each one for a new transaction! I don't visit the ATM too often I am probably waiting 30 minutes for $20 ~

14. lanray

lanray MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $2
    I spend between 30 and 50 seconds. Visit to the ATM should be very brief with consideration for other users as well.

15. novasparker

novasparker MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $121
    I hate it when I am behind someone who wants to check their balance, then try to get out money they don't have, then recheck their balance, then try another card, then check that balance and try to get out more than they have...and just wind up leaving without anything after all of that. I hate that.

16. Katrina Lay

Katrina Lay MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $18
    One day a person in front of me left some money in the cash dispenser. That taught me to all ways check to make sure I have my debit card and start the menu over for the next person.

Some time it could be more than one person in the car using the ATM machine. Like most of my family members bank with the same bank. Depend on who driving the car, we might even get out of the car to use the ATM machine so family or friends want see Pin number or what going on in our bank accounts.

Some time it can be the ATM machines it self, the touch screen are OK but I hate the one that alert everybody that you are at the ATM. This is one reason I don't use the ATM machine because each key has a loud tune. The another reason is I don't want to give crooks none of my hard earn money. So if I am by myself I try to make it quick.

One last thing did you know if you are being rob at the ATM you can put in your pin number backward to alert the banks or police to let them you are being robed. I don't know if it work at all banks but it should work for the bank you bank with.