tumblr site counter

Less Traffic, More Jobs & a Stronger Economy

Discussion in 'Seen in Atlanta' started by SM Conductor, Apr 5, 2012.

1. SM Conductor

SM Conductor Administrator Staff Member

Tokens:
    $466
    Untie Atlanta just released a commercial that began showing on most of the major Atlanta networks yesterday. If you watch TV, you should have seen it by now, but if not, check it out below:

I'm really happy that the commercial was well thought out and looks great!

2. whfwm

whfwm MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $59
    Interesting, but I do think that will mean toll roads and fees. I can tell you already you DO NOT want to go down that route.

3. SM Conductor

Tokens:
    $466
    Well right now we do have two toll roads, and we will most likely get more. But I'm more interested in the other transportation options, especially those that can make a smart use of transit.

Do you have any other suggestions other than toll roads or more fees (or taxes)? What would you like to see?

4. whfwm

whfwm MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $59
    Less crime and craziness. I remember there was like some crazy problem yall had a while back. I'm going to see if I can find the article, but it was titled,"Scene on The Green Gone Horribly Wrong". The patrons said there were all kinds of problems with unruly youth. I also noticed a comment on this youtube fight video I saw that said, "this is why we no longer can have public events...". Is that true???

5. MattW

MattW MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $39
    There are no toll roads up for funding in the T-SPLOST.

6. SM Conductor

Tokens:
    $466
    What's up with the people from the 'burbs? Sometimes I want to say, "Don't you realize that without Atlanta, there would be no (insert city name here)?" Some of the meetings have been really heated and it seems like people just can't see another point of view. Especially the Tea Party people.

7. Maria

Maria MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $48
    Changes have to be made to accommodate all of the new people flowing into Atlanta. It is really becoming a hot spot.

8. swaugh3

swaugh3 MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $37
    I can't help but think of this:
    TTC-map[1].gif
    http://www.ttc.ca/images/fixedImages/TTCRideGuide.pdf

or this:
    system_map[1].png
    http://www.gotransit.com/publicroot/images/maps/system_map.png

9. difrancprod

difrancprod MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $108
    This is great news! There is so much potential in this city to be one of the most recognized in the country. I'm glad to be part of this generation witnessing its progress.

10. tspires2

tspires2 MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $4
    I agree, Great Potential to an already Great City! I will be really glad if everything turns out good for Atlanta! There is so much potential and so many great things to come!

11. Yvette4887

Yvette4887 MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $41
    I remember this commercial and I thought it was well created and put together. Its a commercial I do not mind seeing several times on TV. I like that they are coming up with a plan to create less traffic and more jobs in Atlanta.