tumblr site counter

Local Fox 5 TV Anchor Amanda Davis Arrested for DUI

Discussion in 'Seen in Atlanta' started by SM Conductor, Nov 12, 2012.

1. SM Conductor

SM Conductor Administrator Staff Member

Tokens:
    $466
    Ok I didn't see this one coming, but local TV anchor woman Amanda Davis was arrested yesterday for DUI. She was involved in a wrong-way head on collision where she was the person driving the wrong way on Piedmont Road.

[​IMG]

This one has already rocked the local news community. This is her 2nd DUI charge, she was previously charged in 1991 for the same offense.

Update: The official police report can be downloaded here.

Source: AJC

2. Brandy Alford

Brandy Alford MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $10
    I felt really bad hearing about this. I know there is no excuse for a drunk driver, especially for an accident like this. I've always liked Amanda Davis like a Auntie. ( Despite never meeting her) I hope she gets some help and can get on track.

3. SM Conductor

SM Conductor Administrator Staff Member

Tokens:
    $466
    Amanda Davis has recently been found not guilty of DUI, and only has to perform 20 hours of community service and was fined $200:
    Sources: AJC, Fox 5 Atlanta

4. Yvette4887

Yvette4887 MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $41
    Amanda was a very known news anchor and shes letting it all go because she is a drunk and she drink and drive. I'm glade nobody was hurt during the accident she caused. Nobody never would have thought this about her. Never!!

5. jlmoore06

jlmoore06 MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $1
    Im totally not surprised that she was cleared! Im sure her status in atlanta has changed drastically since 1991!

6. NickJ

NickJ MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $62
    DUI offenders should have their licenses suspended for as long as possible IMO. There's just no excuse for it.