tumblr site counter

MARTA Concerns

Discussion in 'Buses/Shuttles' started by Missy Bea, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Missy Bea

Missy Bea MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $8
    Hi,

I have always enjoyed riding Marta, especially when I had trouble with my vehicle. I have had minor concerns with Marta associated with delays and breakdowns. I hope that the budget will allow for the necessary repairs to improve service. I also think it would be wonderful to offer additional shuttles and pick up locations. The biggest complaint I hear around the "water cooler" at work is the frustration associated with delays.

-Thanks For Your Time
    Missy Bea

2. SM Conductor

SM Conductor Administrator Staff Member

Tokens:
    $466
    According to the news, MARTA just had a surplus for 2013, so they are planning several improvements in both bus and rail service. The windfall also means that fare hikes won't be happening anytime soon (thank goodness!). They should be restoring some routes and increasing services due to this, so we'll all have to be on the lookout for this in 2014!

3. Missy Bea

Missy Bea MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $8
    That's awesome! I personally appreciate that they are willing to admit there are areas of opportunity. So, I hope that this year will be geared towards positive improvements. What is the best place I can go to keep up with that implementations that Marta will be making ?

Thanks,
    Missy Bea

4. novasparker

novasparker MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $121
    Yay! any improvements that can be made on MARTA should be made on it. The system, while it does have some limitatons and some issues, is a valuable service that is used by many. I think that a lot of folks may bag on the MARTA system, but at the end of the day, if it went away, they would be very upset. I am all for having upgrades and improvements happen on this system...and maybe even some expansion.