tumblr site counter

Riding Marta to an event: Good or Bad

Discussion in 'Buses/Shuttles' started by Yvette4887, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Yvette4887

Yvette4887 MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $41
    I remember one time when me and my family rode Marta to Six Flags. I believe it was Halloween night and I believe it was only one bus left for the night. If another bus was to come, I don't think he or she would of came back anyway after that night. We were waiting for the bus to come and over time more and more people came; not enough for everybody to fit on the bus. When the bus came my family paid and sat down in our seats close to each other. For some reason, like I stated I believe it was the last bus and everybody could not fit, so all of a sudden people who were outside the bus started to ram shack their way on the bus. The rush through the doors without paying, open the back door from the outside with their hands, climb through the windows almost jumping on me, and somebody stole the police walkie talkie. They were also smoking on the bus. The bus was pack to capacity and the bus driver did not feel like going through the drama to get everybody off so he drove it to the Marta station. I believe he was calling in the Marta police about what had happen, because when we got to the station they all rush off the bus and went back out the windows so they would not get caught by police. After they got off, me, my family and any other descent person walked off the bus, as the bus driver apologize for what happen.

2. SM Conductor

SM Conductor Administrator Staff Member

Tokens:
    $466
    Yeah, in that situation the driver just wanted to mitigate any possible incidents and get those people as quickly as possible. Nowadays, I don't think this would happen as much, but I wonder what kind of training they give to the drivers to deescalate situations like that?