tumblr site counter

Scathingly honest assessment of MARTA in 2012

Discussion in 'MARTA Trains & Buses' started by SM Conductor, May 9, 2012.

1. SM Conductor

SM Conductor Administrator Staff Member

Tokens:
    $466
    Just found this article by well-known Atlanta journalist Maria Saporta, who has written for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. She recently wrote about the differences between Washington D.C.'s transit system and Atlanta's. Here a little snippet:
    Wow. And if you check our other thread here, you can see what World Class Transit in Atlanta would look like. If Atlanta has transit solutions like that, there is almost nothing that we couldn't do as a region. Hopefully the region can have more advocates like Maria that see the vision of Atlanta's positive future and work to make that happen.

Many say it all starts with the referendum vote this summer.

Source: Saporta Report

2. Maria

Maria MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $48
    I have lived in Texas and Georgia. Georgia has an excellent transit system. It is not perfect, but it is much better than the DFW area. I went home and decided I want to travel by bus and train. Wow!! It was a culture shock. The buses were okay, but their are cities that do not have bus service. And if you want to travel from Fort Worth to Dallas, the train just goes on way. There is no north and south. When I am in Atlanta, I have been able to travel to Cobb county and Gwinnett county. You can really get around in Atlanta, not so much in Texas.:(

3. thegreendiva

thegreendiva MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $14
    I love Atlanta, but I am moving to DC because I love it more. Their transportation system is awesome. I would stay in Atlanta (better climate conditions...i.e. NO SNOW), but does not have a viable transportation system. I view cars as more of headache than anything, so I want to be somewhere that I can navigate in and not leave a massive carbon footprint. Atlanta is just not there, yet. It is sad because the city has potential.