tumblr site counter

Take a look at Old Atlanta

Discussion in 'Seen in Atlanta' started by SM Conductor, Apr 21, 2012.

1. SM Conductor

SM Conductor Administrator Staff Member

Tokens:
    $466
    Can you imagine Atlanta without 75/85? And MORE trees? Like Sophia on the Golden Girls would say... picture this!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Source: Atlanta Time Machine

2. whfwm

whfwm MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $59
    Old ATL looks dope.

3. Toni6749

Toni6749 MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $36
    Old Atlanta looks amazing, as long as I have lived in Atlanta I am still in awe of the how beautiful downtown looks at night. Judging from the pics the city was always huge in terms of downtown but it's really skyrocketed since then!

4. SpringBreeze

SpringBreeze MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $22
    What a difference! It shame that with business and population growth, earth gets swallowed up. But more buildings mean more jobs, extracurricular activities, and opportunities. And downtown Atlanta is so beautiful at night with all the lights and skyscrapers. But then again, I prefer living in the suburbs like Marietta than in downtown Atlanta. A backyard and front-yard filled with trees is so much prettier and calming.

Thanks for posting the picture. It's always interesting to see before and after pictures.

5. Brandy Alford

Brandy Alford MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $10
    I agree with SpringBreeze, as much I enjoy shopping and dining in Atlanta. I prefer to work and live in Marietta. It's like having the best of both worlds.

6. SM Conductor

SM Conductor Administrator Staff Member

Tokens:
    $466
    I heard the Marietta square isn't too bad either! Didn't they recently film something up there? A movie or something?

7. Yvette4887

Yvette4887 MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $41
    Old Atlanta makes me think about all those old movies filmed here during that time and how the colors were so dual. The new Atlanta is of course better looking and more appealing. It looks more like a known city where a lot goes on at.

8. Brandy Alford

Brandy Alford MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $10
    I am not sure if there was a movie filmed up there recently. The only thing I know about Marietta square is the farmers market, art shows, and antique shops. ( I guess that pretty much it)

9. jlmoore06

jlmoore06 MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $1
    I wished I lived in atlanta during the time of the first picture. It looks like there was less traffic and things were much simpler!

10. NickJ

NickJ MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $62
    Cities were built to grow and prosper. They can never stay stagnant and the same for too long.