tumblr site counter

What's Your Craziest MARTA story?

Discussion in 'Seen in Atlanta' started by SEA81, May 18, 2012.

1. SEA81

SEA81 MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $17
    Let's face it: we all meet some strange characters on MARTA. I'll never forget the time some friends of mine and I were going to concert. We were all Georgia State Students at the time, and the vehicle we were on was practically empty. There we were, four young girls, sitting alone and dressed for a concert.

So, this guy comes up to us, and I won't even go into what he looked like, but it was not someone I wanted to talk to. He asked us all if we were 18 or older and then offered us $26 to be showcased in his store. We were glad when we got to our destination. :)

So, what's your craziest story?

2. MattW

MattW MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $39
    My mom and I were on the blue line heading for Indian Creek and there was a guy that got on the train at Georgia State I think and had this huge bag of stuff he was offering for sale that was "cheaper than that Chinese stuff." He hawks his merchandise to the whole car and at one point, tested a taser (not the gun-type) which made everyone jump and the mood of the whole car changed a lot. After I think he made a sale (I think the person bought something just to make the guy go away) he then moved from our car to the next car, through the emergency-only inter-car passage while we were still moving!

3. SEA81

SEA81 MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $17
    I guess you gotta make a living somehow! That reminds me of a guy who approached me when I was walking from Hard Rock to the Philips Arena parking deck to sell me some weeds. He said they were flowers and just went on and on and on. I was really sick at the time and probably not as polite as I should have been. :-(

4. Toni6749

Toni6749 MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $36
    My first year in Atlanta; freshmen in College some friends and I took the Marta to L5P and this guy gets on in a long coat in the middle of the summer he sits in front of us spreads his legs and he had on no pants! Just a hat, shirt, jacket, shoes, and socks. Completely grossed us out. Funny thing is he wasn't bothering anyone he just sat down like it was nothing.

5. JudithFunnie

JudithFunnie MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $4
    Whenever I ride the Marta nothing crazy ever happens. The only thing that ever happens is I solicited by some homeless person or DVD salesperson.

6. difrancprod

difrancprod MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $108
    Wow these are indeed some stories! I agree that in this town, MARTA could be a place to meet some very interesting people that would create such interesting circumstances. I don't know if you'd call my story crazy but I once was approached by an old man telling me I'm his daughter!! I was creeped out and went out of the station immediately. lol

7. SM Conductor

SM Conductor Administrator Staff Member

Tokens:
    $466
    LOL I don't think you have ridden MARTA long enough!

8. Brandy Alford

Brandy Alford MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $10
    I worked at Philips Arena, so I had on my uniform and was on my way to work. This homeless many stops me and asked if I had some spare change. I told him I did not. He said 'you phillips arena people never have any money". But the ironic thing about that was within the time I sat waiting for the train, he made more money begging than I make an hour.

9. SM Conductor

SM Conductor Administrator Staff Member

Tokens:
    $466
    If you think he made good money then, he's probably making a killing right now with this cold weather! But I would not wanna trade places with him. Even with layers, 6° is too cold to be outside!

10. Brandy Alford

Brandy Alford MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $10
    You're right! No disrespect intented towards the homeless, it's kind of mean how he picked on my minium wage job. I am sure he knew he was making more than I was :D I hope everyone is keeping warm.

11. Yvette4887

Yvette4887 MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $41
    I have so many stories to tell! I remember getting ready to catch the bus with my mom at Five Points. We got on the bus, paid and sat in our seat next to each other; I had the window seat. This lady who seem pretty nice stepped on the bus to ride like everybody else to go to her destination. The only problem with her was that she smelled bad. And I don't mean just no deodorant bad, I mean have not bath her body in maybe a month or two. I could feel myself getting ready to throw-up. I had to pull the window back so I could stick my head out the window, because the throw-up was coming, but some how, with the help of God I was able to leave it down. My mother and everybody else reacted to her smell, as well as the bus driver. I wanted to get off the bus, but I was a child and I did not have say so, so we stayed on. It seem funny and sad to see the bus driver drive with the front door wide open and with a towel on his head. We had to suffer through that ride, which I blame my mother for.