tumblr site counter

When will the fix the "dip" on the ramp from 75S to 285W?

Discussion in 'Vehicles & Highways' started by SM Conductor, Apr 3, 2012.

1. SM Conductor

SM Conductor Administrator Staff Member

Tokens:
    $466
    If you drive that route, you know which one I'm referring to.

Right after you exit 75S near Windy Hill Road and encounter the split that takes you to 285W or 285E, There's this huge dip that can kill a car with a bad suspension traveling 60+ miles per hour. The recently fixed a hole in the bridge that was there a little ways up the road, but this dip has been there for ages.

Where is Commuter Dude when you need him?

[​IMG]

2. SM Conductor

Tokens:
    $466
    Well it took long enough but this has finally been 75% repaired. Thanks GDOT!

3. novasparker

novasparker MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $121
    Where's the pothole patrol when you need them? Ok, so this technically isn't a pothole, but you know what I mean. It's been years and this is just 75% fixed? I know that this is a busy stretch of interstate, but you would think that it would make more sense to just shut it down for the day and fix it all at once than to keep poking at it.

4. novasparker

novasparker MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $121
    Ok, so this topic hasn't been updated in awhile. Does anyone know if anything has been done to fix this yet? I know that trying to fix anything on either of these two interstates is hard because of the traffic, but one of these days someone's going to get killed here, and its not a matter of if, but when.

5. SM Conductor

Tokens:
    $466
    It's been fixed as much as it's needs to be really. Much better than what it was before, and I don't think the dip is even noticeable anymore.