tumblr site counter

WiFi on MARTA?

Discussion in 'Announcements & Info' started by SM Conductor, Mar 3, 2012.

1. SM Conductor

SM Conductor Administrator Staff Member

Tokens:
    $466
    I think this would be awesome. Especially for those late nights when you miss a train, and you have to wait 20+ minutes for the next one.

I don't know if other transit systems have it, I know airlines do, but this would go a long way to convince a lot of people to ride more.

What do you think?

2. Serenity

Serenity MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $29
    MBTA (Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority) has it. Not sure about any others. Marta?? Maybe in the future.

3. whfwm

whfwm MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $59
    I just don't think its really that efficient...nor do I think its that possible. I could be wrong on this, but I just don't think its possible.

4. SM Conductor

Tokens:
    $466
    Oh it's very possible. If Amtrak can get it, so can MARTA.

Whether or not they actually DO it is another question altogether.

5. Maria

Maria MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $48
    I think MARTA should fix those TV screens that don't work first. WiFi is nice, but do you really want to pull out an expensive laptop at some of these train stations or buses? I know I wouldn't.

6. SM Conductor

Tokens:
    $466
    Speaking of those, they should update some of those screens too. In some stations they still have those huge screens instead of using the modern LED or even LCD screens. And the trains have those smaller screens that seem to never work at times.

7. Maria

Maria MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $48
    They have some clean up work to do first. Having accurate times on the train arrivals would help too. I hate when the times are not right. Nobody wants to be sitting there all day long.

8. SM Conductor

Tokens:
    $466
    I agree. But we really need to get more people to ride and have a higher density of riders. It's like a catch-22 unfortunately. Other cities have displays at bus stops to let you know estimated arrival times, and we don't even get the trains right.

9. adamarclight

adamarclight MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $10
    Hong long is the Wi-Fi signal range?
    I think it's better limit the range to reduce the cost, however if you priotize custumer satisfication then it's better to widen the range.
    In my opinion, Wi-Fi is avery needed. Cause i always use it myself. I personally will choose Marta if Wi-Fi is on.
    Are there any coffee shop or canteen at Marta? I think some people want to consume something while waiting!

10. difrancprod

difrancprod MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $108
    Wi-Fi is a must these days! This will even help if it's going to be a long road trip! More and more customers would go for Marta when this has become available. :)