tumblr site counter

Worst Marta Transit Experience

Discussion in 'Buses/Shuttles' started by Yvette4887, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Yvette4887

Yvette4887 MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $41
    Its been a long time since I've been on Marta, because I drive now. But when I did ride it all the time there were plenty of memories to talk about. Either it was on the train or bus something interesting was happening.

I remember me and my mom getting on the train from Oakland City Station to Five Points to catch a bus to go home. I was sitting next to my mom, on this crowded train cart and feeling my eyes begin to burn and water. I begin to cough uncontrollable and so did some of the people on the train. Eventually my mom begin coughing as well. It got so bad that everybody on the cart begin to cough. We all ran off the train cart at some train station, coughing all over the place. When Marta police arrive to investigate they said somebody spread mace on the train. They did it for fun!

Another memory is being on the bus leaving Memorial Drive to Downtown with my mom as a young girl again. It was early in the morning so everybody was on their way to work. This guy got on the bus with no shirt on and a big wild Afro, sat next to me just talking loud through the bus. Everybody could tell something was wrong with him and no body felt like being bothered. All of a sudden he begins to rap the lyrics to one of Bone Thugs & Harmony rap songs. He rap the whole song in the loudest tone possible while sitting next to me.

I can write a book on things I've seen or experience while using Marta Transit.

What are your worst Marta Transit experience?

2. SM Conductor

SM Conductor Administrator Staff Member

Tokens:
    $466
    Wow, so when he was sitting next to you, did you ever think about moving to another seat? Were there other seats available? It's kinda sad that you would have to move because of another idiot, but sometimes it's a safer solution.

The most recent story I have is when there was a guy who simply would not move when the train reached my stop. When he sat next to me, he smelled, and somehow I knew he was going to be trouble. For the most part he did nothing, and I was listening to my music as I tried to take a quick nap (which is hard, because you have to balance knowing where you are and not falling into a deep sleep, which can be hard if you've had a rough day).

However, when the time came, I got up while the train was coming to a stop, and usually people see you are trying to leave the seat and will move to let you pass. He didn't. He just sat there, eyes open, but unmoving. I quickly stepped over him and exited the train.

3. Yvette4887

Yvette4887 MARTA Newbie

Tokens:
    $41
    There was not another seat available because the bus was pack. The seat next to me was the only one left. And I hated that.
    I could never take a nap on Marta or any transit transportation, because I need to be aware and alert in case something goes down.